|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Sol Plaatje Educational Project invite applications for the postgraduate study in South Africa 2023. Sol Plaatje Scholarships will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
In 2023, Sol Plaatje Scholarships will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
2. Education policy and practice
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Interdisciplinary courses and doctoral studies may sometimes defy easy categorization. Applicants are urged to use their judgment in assessing whether to apply. But applications that clearly do not fall within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award.
In 2023, climate justice will be a priority. Climate Justice related scholarship applications may be in a science or applied science field as long as the application can demonstrate its relevance to climate justice related matters.
Eligibility Requirements for the Canon Collins Trust Sol Plaatje Scholarships
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- In 2023, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances.
- Sol Plaatje Scholarships support both full and part-time Masters and PhD level study at a South African university and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
Application Deadline: 22nd September 2022.
For More Information: