|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships offers funding to the most exceptional postdoctoral candidates, both nationally and globally, who will positively add to the nation’s economic, social, and research-focused growth, with this in view, qualified applicants are advised to send in their applications before the closing date.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is one of the elite federal research capacity growth programs. The suite starts with early graduate candidate support via Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship awards, moves on to postdoctoral training via the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships and progresses through the academic career development (Tier 1 and 2 Canada Research Chairs) to a career peak with the Canada Excellence Research Chairs, and publicised in 2014, the Canada First Research Excellence Fund.
As a whole, these programs are aimed at increasing the supply of well-qualified research personnel in Canada and make Canada worldwide a nation renowned for quality research and research training. They supplement other training vehicles, like postdoctoral fellowship programs backed by the three federal granting agencies (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada – NSERC, Canadian Institutes of Health Research – CIHR, and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada – SSHRC). The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships enable highly driven and competitive researchers to attain their full potential and grow their careers. After conclusion of their fellowship programs, Banting fellows will be well situated to add to the continued development of Canada’s research capacity and the nation’s economic and social prosperity.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
- Type – Postgraduate
- Organisation – Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
- Country to study – Canada
- Course to study – Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering, Social sciences and/or humanities
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – October 1, 2022
Benefits of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to:
- Attract and keep top-tier postdoctoral aptitude, both nationally and globally
- Develop their leadership potential
- Set them for success as research frontiers of tomorrow
70 fellowship programs are granted yearly. Approximately 140 fellowship awards are active at any time.
Fellowship programs are distributed equally among:
Value: $70,000 per year (taxable)
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Courses
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Eligibility for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is distinct in its focus on the interaction between:
- The applicant – their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- The host university – their devotion to the research program and alignment with the school’s strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
The scholarship is open to all qualified candidates for meets the requirement.
Timeline for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- June – September 2022: Applicants seek endorsement from host institution to apply, prepare and submit application (institutions may have internal deadlines).
- October 1, 2022: Deadline for complete application submission
- October to December 2022: Evaluation of applications
- Mid February, 2023: Anticipated notification of results. Candidates will be informed by email when the outcomes are ready on ResearchNet.
- April to October 2023: Payments begin
How to Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
A candidate to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships has to fill out their application in full collaboration with the intended host institution.
Applications have to be prepared and handed in by candidates. It is the candidate’s responsibility to make sure that the application is finished. This entails making sure that all host institution credentials and referee evaluations have been submitted.
Candidates should ensure they go through the Selection committee guide before starting their application. This guide itemizes the three evaluation conditions and has useful details on how the conditions are assessed.
- October 1 (Annually)
For additional information, go to Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program website
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here