|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
The Canada-ASEAN SEED Scholarship award offers individuals from member nations of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), short-term exchange chances for study or research in Canadian higher academic institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate stages.
Only Canadian institutions can hand in applications on behalf of applicants. They may decide to set their own internal closing date to take receipt of supporting documentation.
The Canada-ASEAN SEED Scholarship award was established as part of an effort to reduce poverty in the developing nations of ASEAN and to attain the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Canada-ASEAN SEED Scholarship awards are facilitated via institutional partnerships and student exchange arrangements between Canadian and ASEAN institutions. These arrangements are established between colleges, technical or vocational institutions and universities. Scholars, hereby labelled as “candidates”, have to be enrolled as full-time candidates in their home institution at the time of application and during the whole period of their study or research stay in Canada.
Canada-ASEAN SEED Scholarship award for candidates is available to undertake Research level programs
Applicants have to be nationals of an ASEAN member nation (Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Laos (Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR)), Singapore, Myanmar, The Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam).
Benefits of Canada-ASEAN SEED Scholarship
The scholarship award value varies based on the length and level of study. The scholarship award value for candidates is:
- CAD 10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate candidates (Master’s and PhD) for at least four months or an academic term of study or research;
- CAD 12,700 for graduate candidates (Master’s and PhD) for a length of five to six months of study or research; or
- CAD 15,900 for undergraduate and college candidates for a length of eight months or two academic terms of study or research.
Furthermore to the funds allotted to the beneficiaries by DFATD, the host institution in Canada are allowed to also claim CAD 500 per scholarship beneficiary to help with administrative expenses once the scholarship beneficiary gets to Canada.
Eligibility for Canada-ASEAN SEED Scholarship
- who have gotten Canadian nationality or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not qualified;
- prior to now taking part in an exchange scholarship program financed by the Government of Canada are not qualified;
- already registered in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college are not qualified;
- have to be registered full-time at a post-secondary institution in a qualified nation and paying any tuition fees controlled by that institution at the period of application and for the full length of the exchange;
- have to take the responsibility for putting in for a study or work permit (typically a study permit is needed for course work and a work permit is needed for research);
- have to select a field of study or research that is associated with, and adds to, the execution of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; and
- have to submit a letter of intent (at most one page) stating how the selected field of study or research adds to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and how the applicant will apply the learning to assist in tackling poverty and narrow the development gap in the ASEAN region.
How to Apply for Canada-ASEAN SEED Scholarship
- must first get in touch with their home institution;
- have to submit a letter of intent that details how their studies/research in Canada will allow them to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in their future profession to assist tackle poverty and narrow the growth gap in the ASEAN region; and
- cannot apply for themselves.
- are in charge of for identifying strong academic applicants who satisfy the admission criteria for the Canadian partner institution and providing the applicants’ credentials to the Canadian partner institution.
Application Deadline: June 4, 2022
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here