|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
Applications are currently being received for admission to the Central European University programs for the 2022-2023 academic year. Admitted students at the university have a chance to win one of the Central European University Scholarships. The university provides a number of fully funded and partially funded to national and international students enrolling in undergraduate, master, and PhD degree programs.
Granted on the basis of both academic merit and financial need, CEU scholarships and tuition awards are available for most programs. Candidates should make sure to check their future program’s website before starting their application. Remember to apply by the financial aid application deadline and fill out the Funding section of the Online Application Form in order to be considered for financial aid. Doctoral level applicants who apply before the deadline will automatically be considered for the CEU Doctoral Scholarship.
Founded in 1991, the Central European University (CEU) is a private research university accredited in Austria, Hungary, and the United States, with campuses in Vienna and Budapest. The university is composed of 13 academic departments and 17 research centers, in addition to the School of Public Policy and the Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations. The university is known for its strength in the social sciences and humanities, low student-faculty ratio, and international student body.
- Host institution: Central European University (CEU) in Austria.
- Eligible program: Available programs at the university.
- Number of scholarships: Not specified.
- Duration: Varies.
- Target group: open to citizens of all nationalities.
Central European University Scholarships Benefits
These university scholarships benefits vary per scholarship type. Please find below the different kinds of scholarships that are awarded to students admitted to Central European University’s programs.
- CEU Master’s Excellence Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 1,000 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Master’s Distinction Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 750 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Master’s Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 500 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Master’s Partial Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 300 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Master’s Tuition Award: up to 100% tuition waiver, Health Insurance
- CEU Doctoral Scholarship: Full tuition waiver, 1,350 EUR/month, (ECBS PhD programs), 1,300 EUR (All other PhD programs), Health Insurance
- Presidential Scholar Award: The Award covers part of the tuition fee throughout the four years of Bachelor studies as follows:
- Year 1: €500
- Year 2: €1,000
- Year 3: €1,500
- Year 4: €2,000.
- Kaffeehaus Fellowships: The Kaffeehaus Fellowship Program awards scholarships of up to €7,000 each year to 3-6 outstanding students from Austria with demonstrated financial need and excellent academic credentials.
- CEU Scholarships for Refugees: This scholarship covers tuition fees throughout the four years of bachelor’s degree studies (€7,000/academic year). It also includes a monthly stipend of €1,000, part of which must be used toward accommodation expenses.
- CEU Alumni Scholarship: The scholarship value is €3,000/academic year, paid in monthly installments of €300 during the first year of studies. This scholarship can be used to supplement other financial aid provided by CEU.
- (Partial) Program Scholarships: This is a merit-based, need-sensitive scholarship, which may fund up to 100% of the tuition fee (up to €7,000 per academic year).
- External financial support and scholarship opportunities: Provides benefits that vary per scholarship.
Central European University Scholarships Eligibility
Candidates from all countries of the world are welcome to apply. furthermore, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- > Bachelor degree applicants must have a high school diploma.
- > Master’s degree program applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
- > Doctoral degree program applicants must have a master’s degree.
- > Meet their program’s language requirements.
> In addition to these general criteria, applicant should meet the specific program’s criteria.
Please click here for more details on programs and requirements.
How to apply for the Central European University Scholarships
Interested candidates who wish to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe, must contact the Central European University to get detailed information about programs and available financial aids and follow received instructions to submit their applications.
- May 1, 2022 (23:59, Central European Time): Deadline for applicants to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs, who wish to be considered for financial aid.
- June 15, 2022 (23:59, Central European Time): Final application deadline for self-financing Master’s applicants who are citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA area and require a study visa.
- July 15, 2022 (23:59, Central European Time): Final deadline for self-financing applicants to bachelor’s programs with citizenship or permanent residency in an EU/EEA country.
- August 15, 2022 (23:59, Central European Time): Final application deadline for self-financing master’s applicants with citizenship or permanent residency in an EU/EEA country.
The furthest deadline to submit applications to this program is August 15, 2022. For more details on the Central European University Scholarships, please visit the official website.