|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
Software deadline: October 4, 2022 at 23:59, (UTC -11)
Eligible Nations: African international locations and India
To be taken in (nation): Egypt
In regards to the award: The Local weather Change Media Partnership (CCMP), led by Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) and the Stanley Center for Peace and Security, is happy to announce the 2022 CCMP Reporting Fellowship program for journalists fascinated about protecting the Events’ 27th UN Local weather Change Convention (COP27). The convention, hosted this yr by the federal government of Egypt, is scheduled for November 7-18, 2022 within the metropolis of Sharm el-Sheikh.
Now in its 15th version since its launch in 2007, the CCMP has invited greater than 400 journalists from low- and middle-income international locations to attend and report on the annual UN local weather talks. This has enabled journalists from world wide to cowl the local weather negotiations in entrance of their residence audiences, whereas benefiting from partnering with knowledgeable local weather journalists and gaining a multifaceted perception into the actions international locations are taking – or not taking – to scale back the worldwide affect of local weather change. sort out local weather change.
This yr, the CCMP Reporting Fellowship goals to have 22 journalists from low- and middle-income international locations report personally at COP27.
CCMP organizers may provide a restricted variety of digital fellowships with mentoring and different help from CCMP workers and journalist trainers. Candidates are requested to point if they’re fascinated about a digital fellowship, which might cowl the COP remotely with mentoring help, if not chosen for in-person participation.
Functions for the 2022 CCMP Reporting Fellowship can be accepted from September 6 to October 4 Selections can be introduced in early August. Functions submitted after the deadline is not going to be accepted. Think about submitting at the very least at some point earlier than the deadline to keep away from issues.
Sort: Convention, Fellowship
Suitability: To be eligible for the Fellowship, candidates should:
- Be knowledgeable journalist from or characterize a longtime media home and report from a creating nation;
- Full the applying kind on the hyperlink beneath, together with answering open-ended questions illustrating his/her expertise reporting on desertification and degradation. We additionally ask that you simply describe the sorts of tales you would possibly pursue on the convention;
- Be out there to reach in India on Friday 6e September and keep till departure on Saturday 14e
- Decide to take part in all Fellowship actions;
- Present a letter of help from an editor, producer or supervisor who can affirm that you would be able to publish or broadcast your materials at a longtime media outlet. Freelancers are welcome to use however should present a letter of help.
Choice standards: Standards for evaluating candidates embrace the potential Fellow’s demonstrable expertise associated to desertification, local weather change and different environmental subjects, their curiosity in continued protection of those points and their viewers and the attain of their outlet.
Variety of awards: 15-20
Worth of distinction: The prices lined embrace:
- non-refundable economic system class airline tickets, resort, meals and transportation each on-site and en route.
- We may even help with the press accreditation course of and supply different help companies associated to journey.
- Please be aware that the method of acquiring the mandatory visas is the duty of a Fellow; nevertheless, visa charges could also be reimbursed.
The Earth Journalism Community absolutely respects the editorial independence of all journalists. All through the convention, Fellows are free to report as they see match. Along with the above necessities, we’re asking journalists to comply with cross post any tales they submit in the course of the UNCCD COP27 on the Earth Journalism Community web site and native and regional accomplice websites (we anticipate the tales to be revealed or broadcast first by a Fellow’s residence media outlet).
Period of this system: Nov. 7-18, 2022.
Tips on how to apply:
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the high of the web page.
- In case you have an current account, you need to log in. Since now we have not too long ago up to date our web site, chances are you’ll have to reset your password by clicking “Forgot your password?” hyperlink on the login web page. For those who would not have an account, you need to register by clicking “Login” on the high proper of the web page and clicking the “Signal Up” hyperlink on the backside of the web page that opens. Click on here for detailed directions on the way to create an account, and here for detailed directions on the way to reset your password.
- For those who begin the applying and need to come again later to finish it, you’ll be able to click on on ‘Save draft’. To return to the draft, that you must return to the choice and click on ‘Apply Now’ once more to finish the applying.