|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
Kimberley foundation in Canada is presently taking applications for the Hugh Morris Fellowship (Experiential Learning Fellowship) for Masters and PhD candidates who exhibit brilliance in research and looks to advance their knowledge via a program of experiential learning in 2022.
The Fellowship program is inspired by the life experiences of Dr Hugh C. Morris who was granted a fellowship program in the late 1950s that allowed him to travel to, and learn from, more than 65% of all mines in North America while undergoing his PhD training at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa.
In line with the Gold Medal model, the Hugh C. Morris Experiential Learning Fellowship program is intended to offer a program of travel that comprises trips to communities, industry amenities and/or research laboratories which, as a whole, will form the future life-course of the fellowship beneficiary and his or her additions to the field.
Worth of Hugh Morris Fellowship
- The Hugh Morris fellowship programs (Experiential Learning Fellowship) is worth up to $40,000 (Canadian), based on the specific task of the candidate tied straight to their Experiential Learning Program.
- Usually, the Hugh C. Morris Experiential Learning Fellowship program is typically intended to assist activities over a stretch of a four (4) to eight (8) month period.
- The Fellowship Award amount may be directed only for the costs of the beneficiary and as directed to the following aims, a vibrant statement of which is to be identified in the Budget submission at the period of application: (Note: ELP is short form for Experiential Learning Plan)
- Economy air, train, boat or bus travel
- Economy sized car rental for trip to remote places and also associated fuel expenses
- Travel visas, immunizations, and medical insurance coverage if comprising international travel, and also relevant insurance for car and other transportation
- Meals to a limit of $75 Canadian per diem, not including alcohol
- Accommodation, comprising fees for internet if charged (incidentals like mini bar, movies, spa treatments, athletic facilities, etc., will not be qualified)
- Workshop / symposium registration fees
- Proven ELP research related costs
- ELP Related Research Supplies
- Bench Fees needed for trips at research institutions and/or facilities
- Involvement in safety programs needed as a prerequisite to visit a particular facility or site
- Meeting room, audio visual and presentation gear costs (if needed to showcase research undertakings with external groups)
- Community engagement costs (e.g. arranging a meeting in a community setting might need provision of facilities and snacks for domestic residents)
- Printing, communication tools, poster costs
- Other types of costs clearly reasonable to attain objectives of ELP may be given consideration and need to be specified in budget justification section of formal application
Eligibility for Hugh Morris Fellowship
- The Hugh Morris Fellowship program (Experiential Fellowship) is open to any masters or PhD student (domestic or foreign) enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- The Foundation will honour applications that strive to seek experiential learning programs that in the long run will enable the candidate to positively add toward international environmental sustainability or which will position them to seek a future leading to substantial societal impact.
Candidates qualified to apply to the Fellowship program have be studying in one of the below listed fields.
- earth or geological sciences
- water sciences
- alternative energy sciences
- climate change
- environmental studies, comprising either life, design, or engineering sciences
- social impact evaluation of any of the above areas
- social sciences related to any of the above areas, or
- design sciences related to any of the above areas
How to Apply for Hugh Morris Fellowship
You can submit an application using the submission portal located on their website.
A finished application will comprise of the following items:
- A written plan of the intended Experiential Learning Program (please download and fill out the ELP Description form)
- A Proposed Budget comprising statement of contributions (cash and/or in-kind, if any) from partaking entities in the planned ELP (please download and fill out the budget application form)
- An updated curriculum vitae
- Two written references from academic supervisors (which the candidate have to arrange to be forwarded to the Kimberley Foundation)
- A written Letter of Support / Invitation from every establishment, site visit entity, research laboratory, and any partaking government or community partners specified in the planned Experiential Learning Program.
All applications are received and assessed in confidence.
Deadline for Hugh Morris Fellowship program is as follows:
- Applications end on August 15, 2022 (11:59 pm PST) – Online application comprising ELP form, budget, and support letters. Reference letters from academic supervisors have to be sent autonomously from the referee straight to the Kimberley Foundation.
Visit here for more information and to apply
Not interested in Hugh Morris Fellowship? See other Canada scholarships here