|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
The high-calibre scholars are financially supported through the Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate who are engaged in eligible master’s. This program also allows these scholars to fully concentrate on their studies in their chosen fields.
The Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate also support up to 3,000 students annually in all disciplines and is administered jointly by Canada’s three granting agencies which are the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
This three agencies promote and support high-quality research in a wide variety of disciplines and areas, which are divided into broad fields of research (health, social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and engineering,). This includes research that bridges two or more disciplines or that requires the skills of several disciplines.
However, the selection process and post-award administration are carried out at the institutional level, under the guidance of the three agencies. Applicants are expected to submit their application to the institution at which they intend to hold their award using the Website Research Portal.
The Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate aim to help develop research skills and help in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who show a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies
Worth of Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate
Candidates of this program are to pay $17,500 for 12 months which is non-renewable. Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate awards are justifiable only at eligible Canadian institutions.
Eligibility for Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate
- You must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) as of the application deadline date.
- To be eligible for this program, you must have enrolled in, have applied for or will apply for full-time admission* to an eligible graduate program at the master’s or doctoral level at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants must respect the internal deadline to apply for admission for his/her intended program of study.
- You must have completed your registration as of December 31 of the year of application
- To be eligible, you must either be between 0 and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in the program for which you are requesting funding which may be one of the following:
A Master’s program
A Doctoral program that you are entering directly from a bachelor’s program without having ever been enrolled in any graduate programs (direct-entry)
A combined Master’s-Doctoral program
A Master’s program that will change to a qualified doctoral program, either before or after award activation, with no master’s degree conferred (fast-track)
A Master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before the end of the award, allowing the award to continue into a qualified doctoral program or between 4 and 12 months of full-time study (or full-time equivalent) in a qualified master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before activation of the award, allowing it to be activated during the first 12 months of the following doctoral program for which you are requesting funding
- To be eligible for the program, you must have achieved a first-class average**, as determined by the host institution, in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent)
- Please note that institutions may, at their choice accept CGS M applications from individuals who have not gotten a first-class average; contact your proposed host institutions to determine their use of this eligibility criterion
- You must be academically sound.
- To be eligible, each candidates must have research potential.
How to Apply for the Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate
- The application platform will be open within five business days of the launch of the funding opportunity.
- To view other instructions and resources, select Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate resources.
- To access or create an application, select Research Portal. To create a Canadian Common CV, click here.
- To apply for the Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate, you must complete and submit an application to up to three institutions using the Research Portal. Applicants should consult the Master’s program Scholarships for Canada Graduate Instructions for completing an application.
The application deadline for the program is December 1, before 8:00 p.m. (ET). However, the complete applications must be submitted by the deadline using the Research Portal but if the deadline falls on a weekend, applications must be submitted by the following business day before 8:00 p.m. (ET).
As the application deadline approaches, you may experience some delay due to a high volume of users on the Research Portal, which may prevent the timely submission of your application. Note that requests to submit late applications will not be accepted.
Each candidate may submit his/her application in the official language of your choice. Institutions must have means in place to review both English and French applications.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here