|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation welcomes applications for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship award in Canada for the 2022/23 academic session.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship is a platform for spirited, bold, original thinkers who are keen to take on a leadership duty in their communities. The Foundation’s three-year program intends to train Engaged Leaders, so as to improve the capacity for scholars to make their research available outside of academia, to partner and work with a variety of actors across society, and to assist address some of the most persistent domestic and international problems of direct significance for the future of Canada.
The leadership tutelage offered to each group of Scholars is on the basis of a scientific theme, which is selected because of the social significance of the problems it raises and its interdisciplinary scopes. This advanced model aims to assist Scholars to look outside of their areas of proficiency and develop a desire to connect with people, problems and ideas usually outside their academic training.
Their scientific theme for the 2020-2023 leadership program cohort is going to be Technology & Ethics. Specifically, leadership training will be provided through the lens of ethical matters relating to biotech and the integration of artificial intelligence in the field of health care.
Worth of Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholars get:
- Membership in an exciting community of Mentors, Scholars, and Fellows, all of whom are leaders in their individual fields and sectors;
- Leadership tutelage from their Mentors and Fellows;
- Up to $40,000 each year for three years to provide tuition and reasonable living costs; and
- Up to $20,000 each year for three years, as a research and travel stipend;
Eligibility for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship
Be a Canadian national or landed immigrant putting in to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities or enrolled full-time in the first or second year of a PhD program at a Canadian university
- Be a Canadian national putting in to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities or enrolled full-time
- in the first or second year of such PhD program at a foreign university
- Be a foreign candidate [with a predilection for applicants from the third-world countries] applying to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities
- or enrolled full-time in the first or second year of such PhD program at a Canadian institution
- Submit a research project related to one of the Foundation’s four themes
- Be nominated by a university
How to Apply for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship
- Applicants for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship are required to now apply straight to the Foundation via its online application website.
- A opposed to previous years, universities are no longer mandated to hold an internal selection process and put forward a limited number of their preferred applicants. The Foundation will be assessing all completed applications it gets by the final closing date.
- First, log on to the Foundation’s new application website. On the landing page of the website, you may select the page language in either English or French, which will also modify the language of the application form.
- If you are not prior to now registered on the Foundation’s new portal, you have to register by selecting “Register here” and filling out the eligibility conditions questions and ensuing registration details. Once done, you will get an email with a link to create your username and password. You should get the email within five minutes. If you do not get this email, please reload your inbox, and look in your spam folder.
- Once you have signed in, you will be taken to your personal Dashboard on the Foundation’s website. You may go back to your Dashboard at any time during the process by selecting “Home” in the top right corner of the page.
- Once within the website, please fill out the compulsory questions in your Profile. If you are chosen by the Foundation, you will be required to fill out the other sections of your Profile. To leave your Profile, select Next or go back to your Dashboard.
- To start an application form for the 2022 Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship, select “Funding Opportunities” and then “Apply Now”.
The final closing date to submit applications for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship is June 5, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Click here for more details and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here