|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
You are interested in furthering your studies in Canada. Good news! University of British Columbia Scholarships are currently ongoing application. In this article we will explain in details about these scholarships, their worth, eligibility and step by step application process.
University of British Columbia Scholarships are of two types: Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award and International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES). The number and level of these international scholarships awarded each year differs, depending on available funding.
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to eligible scholars when they are offered admission to UBC. Candidates selected for this award demonstrate strength academically and show involvement outside of the classroom.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are also awarded to outstanding international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Scholars receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study.
The University of British Columbia recognizes the academic achievement of exceptional students from around the globe by devoting more than $20 million yearly to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
The British Columbia University Act of 1908 which was formally called a provincial University into being, although its location was not specified. The governance was formed on the provincial University of Toronto Act of 1906 which created a bicameral system of university government consisting of a senate (faculty), responsible for academic policy, and a board of governors (citizens) exercising exclusive control over financial policy and having formal authority in all other matters.
List of Undergraduate Courses Offered by University of British Columbia Scholarships:
- People, Culture and Society.
- History, Law and Politics.
- Languages and Linguistics.
- Media and Fine arts.
- Business and Economics.
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability.
- Health and Life Sciences.
- Engineering and Technology.
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics.
For more information, click here.
Worth of University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
University of British Columbia Scholarships for Undergraduate will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year differs, depending on available funding.
Eligibility for University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
To be eligible for University of British Columbia Scholarships for Undergraduates, each candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- The required language for the scholarship is English. English is the primary language of instruction in University of British Columbia. All prospective scholars are required to display a minimum level of English before they’re admitted.
- All World Countries are also qualified for these scholarship.
- To be qualified, you must be new to University of British Columbia, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- You must also be an international student who will be studying at University of British Columbia on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES qualification.)
- Each candidate must display outstanding academic achievement and logical promise, as well as stunning extracurricular and community involvement.
- You must not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award to be eligible for the award.
How to Apply for University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
Please follow the following application instructions to be able to apply for these scholarships:
- Create a new account from here to apply.
- Complete your personal profile and apply for University of British Columbia Scholarships. Check here for full details.
- Please note that you must submit documents showing you meet minimum English Language Admission Standard by the application deadline.
Application Deadline for University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
The application deadline for the ongoing scholarship is June 15, 2022.
To know more about University of British Columbia Scholarships for Undergraduate please click here.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here