|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
With the help of Degree Completion Grants, the University of Hamburg assists its international students in completing their degrees.
About the University
The University of Hamburg is a university in Hamburg, Germany founded on 28 March 1919 by merging the previous General Lecture System (Allgemeines Vorlesungswesen), the Hamburg Colonial Institute (Hamburgisches Kolonialinstitut), and the Academic College (Akademisches Gymnasium). The university’s main campus is found in the central district of Rotherbaum, with related institutes and research centers distributed around the city-state. The university has been rated in the top 200 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education Ranking, the Shanghai Ranking, and the CWTS Leiden Ranking, placing the university among the top 1% of global universities. Seven Nobel Prize Winners and one Wolf Prize Winner are affiliated with UHH.
On a national scale, U.S. News & World Report rates the University of Hamburg 7th and QS World University Rankings 14th out of a total of 426 German institutions of higher education. The University of Hamburg consists of over 180 properties scattered throughout the city. The Main Building stands on the Moorweide opposite Hamburg Dammtor station, not far from the main campus at Von-Melle-Park. The State and University Library Hamburg, the Audimax (Auditorium), the Hamburg University Archive, and several other teaching buildings are all based in that area. However, the second cluster of university buildings is grouped around Martin Luther King Square in the same quarter. The Geomatikum marks the western end of the campus, near Schlump Metro Station. Various departments are located in other quarters: Physics is spread over branches at Jungiusstraße, Bergedorf (along with the Hamburg Observatory), and Bahrenfeld (with the world-renowned DESY and other facilities). Biology also has locations in Flottbeck, while Computer Sciences moved to Stellingen in 1991. The Medical School is situated in the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
As of 2019, the total student body of the university is over 43,000, with 7,000 freshmen recruited each year. More than 4,800 doctoral candidates are enrolled. 149 different majors are offered by six faculties with nearly 700 professors engaged in teaching and research. Furthermore, over 3,600 academic staff and more than 7,000 administrative and technical staff members are employed at the university. The University of Hamburg supports seven Collaborative Research Centers (German: Sonderforschungsbereiche) funded by the German Research Foundation.
Benefits of University of Hamburg Degree Completion Grants
All successful applicants of the University of Hamburg Degree Completion Grants will receive a monthly stipend of an amount between €200 and €720.
Requirements for University of Hamburg Degree Completion Grants
- The scholarship is open to international students enrolling in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University.
- Candidates whose monthly income does not exceed €450 are qualified to apply.
- Scholars of University of Hamburg Degree Completion Grants can apply for Diploma, Magister, Staatsexamen, BA, BSc/MA, and MSc degrees.
- Applicants pursuing either Diploma, Magister, or Staatsexamen degrees will receive funding for 12 months while other students of BA, BSc/MA, and MSc degrees will receive for up to 6 months.
- Note that international students who do not satisfy the requirements of Section 8 of the German Federal Education and Training Assistance Act are ineligible.
- Doctoral students are ineligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants will also be selected based on their financial needs.
Documents Required for the Scholarship Application:
- Your CV
- The reason for your application
- A schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination
- An evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis
Forms: Evaluation for a Universität Hamburg Degree Completion Grant (PDF)
How to Apply for University of Hamburg Degree Completion Grants
Interested in the scholarship and you want to apply, click here.
October 1, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here