|USA Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|UK Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Australia Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
|Germany Scholarships||APPLY NOW|
The University of Melbourne International Scholarship is offered to students undertaking undergraduate study at the University of Melbourne. Continue reading this article to find out about the University of Melbourne International Scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
The University of Melbourne is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Established in 1853, the university is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. The university’s main campus is based in Parkville, an inner suburb north of Melbourne’s central business district, with several other campuses located across Victoria.
Integrated in the 19th century by the colony of Victoria, the University of Melbourne is one of Australia’s six sandstone universities and a member of the Group of Eight, Universitas 21, Washington University’s McDonnell International Scholars Academy, and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
Since 1872, several residential colleges have become associated with the university, offering accommodation for students and faculty, and academic, sporting, and cultural programs. There are ten colleges situated on the main campus and in nearby suburbs.
The University of Melbourne consists of ten separate academic units and is affiliated with numerous institutes and research centers which include the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economics, and Social Research, and the Grattan Institute.
However, among the university’s fifteen graduate schools, the Melbourne Business School, the Melbourne Law School, and the Melbourne Medical School are particularly well recognized. Times Higher Education rated the University of Melbourne first in Australia and 32nd globally in 2022, while the Academic Ranking of World Universities places it 35th in the world (both first in Australia and the whole of Oceania).
In the QS World University Rankings 2022, the University of Melbourne ranks 37th globally and 2nd in Australia, behind the Australian National University. Four Australian prime ministers and five governors-general have graduated from the University of Melbourne. Eight Nobel Laureates have taught, studied, and researched at the University of Melbourne, the most of any Australian university.
Worth of University of Melbourne International Scholarship
- The University of Melbourne International Scholarship provides either a $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree, 50 percent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree, or 100 percent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree for commencing students.
- The University of Melbourne International Scholarship also provides a fee remission of about $10,000. Note that the maximum value is offered to students who have one year (100 points) or more to complete. Also, for students who have less than one year (or 100 points) to complete, the value will reflect the number of subject points to complete.
Eligibility for University of Melbourne International Scholarship
- To be qualified for the University of Melbourne International Scholarship, you must have applied for an undergraduate degree, or be a current student in a qualified undergraduate degree.
- You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia to be qualified.
- Applicants must have completed secondary school outside Australia or a foundation program in Australia to be eligible for the scholarship.
- You need to have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne to be qualified.
- Each applicant must have a secondary school result that places them in the top 3%, such as GCE A-levels: at least three A* grades with numerical grades and an average result of at least 93% in the best three subjects, Most Australian Foundation Studies: an overall result at least 98%, International Baccalaureate (IB): a score of at least 42 (must be completed at a secondary school outside of Australia), US High School: a GPA of at least 3.9 in combination with an SAT of at least 1500 or an ACT of at least 31, Canada Secondary School: an overall score of at least 97%, India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE or State Board Exam); an overall score of at least 95%, and Vietnam High School an overall Year 12 GPA 9.0 or above.
- You must not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program).
- Note that extra scholarships with a value of up to $10,000 will be available for students who have applied for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Design, or Bachelor of Science for commencement in 2022, and achieved an entry score equivalent to at least 80% at the University of Melbourne. The number of scholarships is limited and hence, the actual selection score may be higher.
How to Apply for the University of Melbourne International Scholarship
If you are interested in the University of Melbourne International Scholarship and qualified for the scholarship, click here.
Application Deadline for University of Melbourne International Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is not specified but it is still ongoing.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here